The Shun Sora 6-Piece Knife Block Set is the perfect starter set for any new kitchen or new Shun collection. This block set features the essentials - a Shun Sora 3.5" Paring Knife; Shun Sora 6" Utility Knife; Shun Sora 8" Chef's Knife; Shun Sora Combination Honing Steel; Shun Herb Shears; and a Shun 13-Slot Bamboo Knife Block for storage of these pieces - with room to grow.
Honoring the traditional, high-end Japanese knifemaking technique of san mai, each Shun Sora Knife features a VG10 "super steel" razor-sharp 16-degree double-bevel edge blade clad with a single layer of stainless steel on each side. The Sora's VG10 san mai and stainless blade are laser cut and fit together like pieces of a jigsaw puzzle, permanently braze welded to provide performance and beauty. The blade is finished with bead blasting to highlight the san mai edge and echo the line of the braze welding.
Each Shun Sora knife handle is made of textured TPE polymer to provide excellent grip and balance without sacrificing ease of maintenance. The stainless steel Shun logo on the handle further enhances the balance of this beautiful knife.
Features of the Shun Sora 6-Piece Knife Block Set:
- Shun Sora 8" Chef's Knife
- Shun Sora 6" Utility Knife
- Shun Sora 3.5" Paring Knife
- Shun Sora 9" Combination Honing Steel
- Shun Herb Shears
- Shun 13-Slot Bamboo Knife Block
- Composite blade with VG10 stainless steel cutting core and mirror polished 420J stainless steel blade upper
- 16-degree cutting angle on each side, flat ground
- Bead blasted to show off the san mai edge and echo the line of the braze welding
- Modern "hamon" wavy design that mirrors traditional Japanese blade hamon patterns
- Traditional design textured TPE handle for excellent grip and balance
Engraving: Up to 16 characters can be custom laser engraved on the blade of the Shun Sora 8" Chef's Knife.
A Bit About Shun
Shun kitchen knives are made by KAI Corporation, which has been handcrafting blades in the spirit of the legendary sword smiths of Seki City, Japan for over 100 years. Every Shun knife is handmade by a team of highly skilled specialists. This tradition of Japanese sword-making excellence in Seki City is combined with technology and advanced materials in each Shun knife.
Handcrafted in Seki City, Japan • 10-Year Limited Warranty
Handle: Poly Blade: Forged Type: Chef's, Knife Sets, Paring, Sharpeners, Shears, Storage & Safety, Utility