Ueli Steck and Wenger partnered in the creation of this unusual titanium knife that Ueli uses to make final adjustments to his equipment. The Ueli Steck Knife was created for the extremes but is equally useful for everyday adventures. The stainless steel blade on the Ueli Steck Knife is 50% thicker than standard blades and is equipped with 16 functions.
The Ueli Steck Special Edition Titanium Knife by Wenger comes boxed with a lightweight pouch and two screwdriver bits.
Included in the Ueli Steck Knife package is a fascinating and inspiring DVD, "North Face Trilogy," featuring interviews and highlights from Ueli's three North Face speed records - the Grande Jorasses, the Eiger, and the Matterhorn.
Professional Mountaineer and speed climber Ueli Steck grew up climbing in Switzerland. He climbed the Eiger North Face for the first time at age eighteen; It took him ten hours. After intense training, in 2008, he climbed the Eiger north Face in an incredible two hours and forty seven minutes carrying only essential equipment. He would go on to set speed records on other famous peaks in the Alps: the Matterhorn and Grandes Joraasses.
Features of the Ueli Steck Knife include:
- Partially Serrated Blade with Safety lock. The innovative blade provides two cutting options by placing aggressive serration at the base of the blade and a straight edge at the tim. The blade securely locks in position and, even with gloves on, can be disengaged by depressing the Wenger Cross or shifting the liner lock.
- Hexagonal Keys. To perform the unique duty of a wrency, Wenger created a thick and wide blade to accommodate three hexagonal keys: 7mm (M4), 10mm (M6), and 13mm (M8).
- Bits. By integrating a 1/4-inch bit adapter into the handle the knife can use the included Phillips or flat head screwdriver bit or any of the available bits to accomplish a variety of tasks.
- Metal Saw and File.Capable of sharpening the top of an ice ax, repairing a tent spike, camp stove, or doing whatever is asked in the outdoors.
- Large Flat Screwdriver. Big and strong and positioned perfectly at the apex of the back of the blade, the screwdriver delivers high torque.
- Locking Screwdriver. A Wenger patented feature, the screwdriver locks into the body of the knife when pressure is applied so that it sill not accidentally fold while in use.
- Can Opener. A sharp and easy-to-use tool.
- Partially serrated 65mm blade
- Safety lock system
- Hexagonal key - 7mm (M4)
- Hexagonal key - 10mm (M6)
- Hexagonal key - 13mm (M8)
- Large flat screwdriver (14mm)
- Metal saw
- Metal file
- 1/4 inch bit adapter
- Flat head screwdriver bit (0.6mm x 4.5mm, 50mm)
- Philips head screwdriver bit (#3, 50mm)
- Flat screwdriver with safety lock
- Cap lifter
- Wire stripper/bender
- Can opener
- Key ring
- Lightweight pouch
- Titanium handles with striations
- North Faces Trilogy DVD
Length (closed): 2.5 inches
Weight: 3.5 ounces
Boxed • Swiss-made • Lifetime Warranty
Availability Message Collector's choice. Discontinued model. Popular Tools: Can Opener, Flat Screwdriver, Key Ring Additional Tools: 1/4-inch Bit Adapter, Cap Lifter, Flat Screwdriver Bit, Hexagonal Keys, Large Flat Screwdriver, Metal File, Metal Saw, Partially Serrated Blade, Philips Screwdriver Bit, Safety Lock System, Wire Bender, Wire Stripper Length: 3.34 in / 85 mm Handle: Titanium