The MIYABI Evolution 5.5" Hollow Edge Santoku Knife is an all-purpose knife for slicing and chopping. The specially contoured edge is perfect for cutting vegetables, and the wide blade doubles as a spatula. The hollow, granton edge allows air between the blade and the item being cut for extra thin cutting.
The full-tang blade of this Santoku knife has a 9.5 to 12 degree edge to create the exceptionally sharp, thin blade style synonymous with Japanese cutlery. This fine carbide steel knife is FRIODURx2 ice-hardened, which creates a smooth glass like finish that is durable, corrosive resistant and provides a scalpel-like sharpness.
Each MIYABI Evolution knife's three-rivet ergonomic POM handle is sculpted in a thicker German style that is designed to fit comfortably in your hands for tireless cutting. The visually-striking handle is sturdy and will not crack or discolor. Made by skilled artisans, it takes over 100 steps and 42 days to create this high caliber knife.
Hand-washing is recommended.
Engraving: Up to 12 characters can be custom laser engraved on the blade of the Miyabi Evolution 5.5" Santoku Knife.
Miyabi Evolution 5.5-inch Hollow Edge Santoku Knife Features:
- Crafted from revolutionary FC61 fine carbide steel
- Ice-hardened FRIODURx2 blade offers exceptional durability, cutting edge retention, and corrosion resistance
- Dry Sharpened blade with scalpel-like sharpness
- Authentic, thin Japanese blade edge
- Ergonomic, triple-riveted POM handle
- Rounded spine and heel
- Handcrafted in Seki, Japan, the samurai sword-making capital of the world
Blade Length: 5.5 inches
Made in Japan • Lifetime Warranty
Handle: Black POM Blade: Forged Type: Asian, Chef's, Granton Edge, Santoku Color Black