The Kyocera Revolution Series Ceramic 6" Chef's Knife features a razor-sharp, exceptionally strong, lightweight ceramic blade. This ceramic blade, made from Kyocera's proprietary Japanese ceramic, zirconium oxide, is inert, and will not discolor food or alter its taste. In addition, the blade will never rust, corrode or pit. Made of ceramic that is ground very fine and highly polished, it will retain its sharpness at least 10 times longer than any other blade - including one made from high carbon steel.
The light weight of this knife and its ergonomic handle reduce fatigue during repetitive cutting.
This small chef's knife is a true kitchen multi-tasker, designed to slice, dice or chop fruits, vegetables or boneless meats and fish. It will quickly become your go-to knife.
Features of the Kyocera Revolution Series 6" Ceramic Chef's Knife:
SharpeningTo sharpen this ceramic knife, either use a Kyocera ceramic knife sharpener at home, or return it to Kyocera for complimentary lifetime sharpening. (A flat, nominal charge for shipping and handling will sharpen as many Kyocera knives as you own.)
- Ceramic blade that will not rust, corrode or pit and does not react with food
- Ergonomic handle
- Lifetime complimentary sharpening by Kyocera
The Ceramic Advantage
- Sharp: Kyocera ultra-sharp advanced ceramic blades and grinding mechanisms will retain their original sharpness up to 15 times longer than steel.
- Inert: Kyocera ceramic is rust-proof. In addition, it is completely inert, so it will never brown foods and is impervious to acids and oils.
- Lightweight: Ceramic blades and grinders are typically half the weight of their steel counterparts, making them easier to use over time.
- Easy to Clean: Kyocera Advanced Ceramic does not absorb oils, flavors or colors from food, making it easy to rinse clean and wipe dry.
The Kyocera Advantage
Crafted in Japan, Zirconia 206 is Kyocera's proprietary advanced ceramic. This one-of-a-kind advanced ceramic material has very dense particles and extremely tight molecules, which leave minimal voids. This translates into a stronger, denser blade that holds an edge longer than other ceramics. The thinner blade on a Kyocera Advanced Ceramic knife means minimal resistance. Clean, precise, less-intrusive cuts, using less pressure, are what make the Kyocera ceramic knife so unique.
The elements of Kyocera’s advanced ceramic are formed in nature through thousands of years of crystallization, extreme temperatures, and literally tons of pressure. The result is a pure, dense, unrelenting material that is 50% harder than steel and second only to diamond in hardness.
Lifetime Manufacturer Warranty • Lifetime Complimentary Sharpening • Blade Crafted in Japan
Blade: Ceramic Type: Chef's Color White