This set by Kyocera features a Revolution Series 5.5" Ceramic Santoku Knife and a matching 4.5" Ceramic Utility Knife
The Kyocera Revolution Series Ceramic 5.5" Santoku Knife and the Kyocera Revolution Series Ceramic 4.5" Utility Knife feature razor-sharp, exceptionally strong, and lightweight ceramic blades. These ceramic blades, made from Kyocera's proprietary Japanese ceramic, zirconium oxide, are inert, and will not discolor food or alter its taste. In addition, the blades will never rust, corrode or pit. Made of ceramic that is ground very fine and highly polished, these knives will retain their sharpness at least 10 times longer than any other blade - including ones made from high carbon steel.
Both knives are light weight and have ergonomic red handles to reduce fatigue during repetitive cutting.
Features of the Kyocera Revolution Series 5.5" Ceramic Santoku Knife and 4.5" Ceramic Utility Knife Set:
SharpeningTo sharpen this ceramic knife, either use a Kyocera ceramic knife sharpener at home, or return it to Kyocera for complimentary lifetime sharpening. (A flat, nominal charge for shipping and handling will sharpen as many Kyocera knives as you own.)
- Ceramic blades that will not rust, corrode or pit and does not react with food
- Red, ergonomic handles
- Lifetime complimentary sharpening by Kyocera
The Ceramic Advantage
- Sharp: Kyocera ultra-sharp advanced ceramic blades and grinding mechanisms will retain their original sharpness up to 15 times longer than steel.
- Inert: Kyocera ceramic is rust-proof. In addition, it is completely inert, so it will never brown foods and is impervious to acids and oils.
- Lightweight: Ceramic blades and grinders are typically half the weight of their steel counterparts, making them easier to use over time.
- Easy to Clean: Kyocera Advanced Ceramic does not absorb oils, flavors or colors from food, making it easy to rinse clean and wipe dry.
The Kyocera Advantage
Crafted in Japan, Zirconia 206 is Kyocera's proprietary advanced ceramic. This one-of-a-kind advanced ceramic material has very dense particles and extremely tight molecules, which leave minimal voids. This translates into a stronger, denser blade that holds an edge longer than other ceramics. The thinner blade on a Kyocera Advanced Ceramic knife means minimal resistance. Clean, precise, less-intrusive cuts, using less pressure, are what make the Kyocera ceramic knife so unique.
The elements of Kyocera’s advanced ceramic are formed in nature through thousands of years of crystallization, extreme temperatures, and literally tons of pressure. The result is a pure, dense, unrelenting material that is 50% harder than steel and second only to diamond in hardness.
Lifetime Manufacturer Warranty • Lifetime Complimentary Sharpening • Blades Crafted in Japan
Blade: Ceramic Type: Santoku, Utility Color Red