The Coarse and Fine Grain Ceramic Whetstone from Wusthof is suitable for use with water or oil, and is an effective and professional way to restore the edge of your cutlery over time.
The coarse (F240/J400) side of the stone is used to presharpen and remove small nicks from the knife blade, while the fine side (F800/J2000) is used to polish and sharpen the edge of the blade.
How to Use the Wusthof Coarse and Fine Grain Ceramic Whetstone:
- Submerge the whetstone in water for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Continue to apply water while sharpening. The whetstone releases small particles during the sharpening process. This powder, in combination with the water, allows the sharpening.
- Place the whetstone on a slip-resistant surface, such as a towel.
- Start on the coarse side of the whetstone by moving the knife blade back and forth at an angle of 10 to 15 degrees, using gentle pressure.
- Starting at the tip of the blade, move to the middle and finish at the end of the blade. This process will produce a small burr at the edge of the knife blade.
- Repeat this process on the other side of the knife blade.
- Turn the stone over to the fine grit side and repeat the procedure on both sides of the knife blade.
- Rinse the stone and clean off the grinding residue. Clean your knife with hot water.
- While the stone can be used with oil or water, once oil is used, the stone can no longer be used with water.
- Use the utmost care while using the whetstone to prevent injuries.
Grain: Coarse and Fine; (F240/F800 - J400/J2000)
Dimensions: 15 cm long x 5 cm wide x 2.5 cm high
Made in Germany • Lifetime Warranty